Dear Parents of Current Fifth Graders:
Each year, our sixth grade students (and their teachers) go to Sly Park Outdoor Education Camp for a school week. We are already beginning to plan for that week. Following is the information thus far:
- Our dates for Sly Park Outdoor Education Camp are January 25-29, 2016. Please put this on your calendar now.
- Students will be traveling by car to and from the camp. We will need parent drivers to and from Sly Park on Monday and Friday of that week. Sixth grade teachers will be asking for volunteers next year.
- Otter Pops will be for sale after school every Wednesday for the rest of the school year and all proceeds benefit the Outdoor Ed fundraising. Look for the table near the south end of the bike racks and enjoy a cool treat for 50 cents.
- This trip costs about $28,000. If you are able, the donation for the week at camp is $300.00 per child. Checks can be made to Willett Elementary School. If you would like to begin payments now, please bring your check to the Willett office with ‘Sly Park tuition’ written in the memo section. Thank you to the families who have already donated to this fantastic trip!
- You can visit the Sly Park website at http://www.scoe.net/slypark/
You may contact them by calling (916) 228-2485.
We will need parent volunteers to attend the camp for the week. We also need a medical person for the entire week. All chaperones MUST be fingerprinted through DJUSD. Information about this will come from the classroom teacher next year, along with more information about the trip. Chaperone decisions are made next year, pending the amount of volunteers we have.
We hope this helps you in your planning for next year! See you August 26th for the first day of 6th grade!
Heidi Perry, Principal, Marla Cook, Anahita Enzerink and Leslie Whiteford, teachers.